Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 01:07 PM   #139
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ismael was offered a fight in 6 weeks against Ian Forster. I declined them quick. Ismael is not in the shape that I want him fighting in yet. A little more time in the gym is needed.

Big developments in the world of boxing. Peter Badillo defended his title successfully against Gary Jakeman, winning in a 12 round unanimous decision.

Joe Louis showed that he was deserving of his title shot as he dispatched Peter O’Connell in the 8th round by TKO. Louis is the new heavyweight champion.

My bets that were laid on these fights both paid and I made almost 50k. That will help to pay for my ever increasing training costs.

The reigning fighter of the year, flyweight, Mauro Martinez is fighting this week. His opponent? Pancho Villa, one of the greatest flyweights that ever lived. This is a rematch from last year in which Martinez won by a majority points decison over Villa. Niether fighter has lost since and the fighters are ranked as the number four and three contenders in the flyweight divison. Villa’s record is 79-6-5(25), while Martinez is 29-0-0(19). Oddsmakers favor Martinez heavily for this fight. The odds on him to win are 1/4, while the odds on Villa are 3/1. I would not think that the spread would be that great, but I don’t make the odds.

Omar Acevedo is scheduled to face David Amos in May. Amos is 7-7-1(0). He looks like a big letdown after Omar’s last fight but he is ranked higher. Amos is best known for being able to take a punch. That’s it. A really well paid sparring partner. He lacks any power and his punching accuracy and defense are average at best. He is in descent shape and should put up a good fight. Besides he has a long time to train for the fight.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote