View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #60
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Two guys I let go of that I wish I hadn't were Rick Inman (ugh, the worst trade I ever made...) and Lorenz Heijien.

But that Inman deal hurt. The Rasmussen deal probably made up for it, but I wish I would've kept Inman. But during those early years, I felt like I was always close to being in it and so, I made a lot of moves that in retrospect I would've held off on, because I always felt like I was just "a player away" or something.

No easy task trying to list the top managers of all-time though. I think this format is very, very different than any of the others I've played in, but easily the most accessible. I mean, other leagues you'd never be able to take someone off the streets and get them into OOTP championship form in a few months, but here, folks can learn the game and pick up the trends quickly.

It's a neat thing. To the casual observer, it'd "be an easy league" to play in, but as this is showing, plenty of sim veterans get in here and just can't handle the pace, know how to evaluate players the right way or get a team that they can build into a champion.

It's like our own version of the NFL v. Arena Football debate. Except this is way cooler.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote