View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #77
muns
Pro Starter

I actually had a ton of fun writing up this current list of 5. I was laughing and then also got to write about a guy I really respect. All in all a very fun list to write up.

27. magic_number- This guy was pretty active around FOOL and he knew what he was doing in game wise but out of game that was another story. While he never made the playoffs or had any titles, his teams always hovered around .500. I will also say that Getting the Compton Brothers as his first team was a nice set up. The Brothers Historically were a good team, and one I wish Magic Number would have capitalized on. He posted 161 times and looks to have only made a handful of trades but what I most remember about Magic number besides him being active is that I had no idea what the hell he was EVER talking about. The guy made me laugh just about everytime he posted. What the hell did “X up” ever mean anyway? Or how about this gem of a post below. We had a heck of a discussion going on about when we would be able to sign Free agents coming in from the Vulture League. Was it fair or un fair to the post season teams when we have the vulture league guys coming into the league as Free Agents.

Please scroll down to post #46 which was his or you can just read the discussion, but his post just cracks me the hell up.
New Rule Proposal - Front Office Football Central

Post 221 and on in this thread makes me smile as well
1975 Offseason thread - Page 5 - Front Office Football Central

This one might be my favorite though
Who's - who? - Front Office Football Central

and Magic putting his thoughts on the Steve harmon issue which is post # 16
Steven Harmon issue - Front Office Football Central

Im sure there are other “magic” moments with him, but those are the few I had to point out. Magic landed at number 27 on my list but Ill never forgot the guy that’s for sure.

26. EddieK- Our first “current” FOOLER makes the list at 26. Eddie has only been around for a few seasons, but already has 17 other guys beat on my list. Nice feat there if your asking me. Eddie is 458 and 514 for a win % of .471 since taking over the Boston Settlers Franchise. He currently just said he was gonna win the CL this past year? A sign of things to come or just one of the many loud things to come out of Boston/ Long Island when they aren’t being managed by gstelmack?

Recently Eddie has chimed in and started a current discussion on Prospects and talent Randomness which can be found here
Prospects - Front Office Football Central

Im happy to have Eddie around and if he keeps posting like that he is gonna be all good by me.

25. Hell Atlantic/Anthony- HA was and still is the most controversial Gm in the history of FOOL. I credit him for almost ending FOOL totally by himself and “pushing” 4 managers out the door. I came close to calling it a day twice myself and honestly don’t want to get too much into this write up.

Here is a good one
People need to chill. out. - Front Office Football Central

That’s all im listing and am going to write on the subjet of HA. Im sure if you want to read more about him and his posts not only in FOOL but all across the FOFC boards feel free to look up his profile.

24. Cringer- Cringer is one of the guys that I have a ton of respect for not only here in FOOL but in general. As one of the original owners he won 1846 games and lost 2004 for a win % of .479. He made the playoffs only once but made it count as that was the year he won his only title. He was extremely active on the boards not only with trades, but he helped push FOOL to what it is now. Always a “cool headed” guy that made good choices. I could spend hours upon hours of looking Cringers stuff up, but its all small posts, that’s important, and funny. But there is a ton of it out there. Cringer didn’t always win all the time, but he was a great guy to have around the boards during any given day and a great guy to have in the league. I almost forgot to mention that Cringer is also the manger that had Catching standout Hideaki Tanaka from which the Tanaka award goes out each year to the best hitter in FOOL. If Cringer wasn’t around would we even have that award today?????

An example of Cringers Cool head can be found here
Contraction? - Front Office Football Central

Cringer if you are reading, why don’t you come back. The Roadrunners would be a nice expansion team!

23. JimmyOOTP- I don’t even know where to start with Jimmy. He would be the second most controversial owner in FOOL history I guess. Jimmy was active, prob a little bit over active, but he intended to be good. He just couldn’t help how he came off and what he eventually eneded up doing. At the start of “Jimmy” he was handed a fantastic Compton team from DC (I believe) and was saddled with something like 20 million over the cap. DC had a deal worked out with me basically, and then handed it over to Jimmy who then nixed the deal, and then traded one of the most decorated pitchers in FOOL History (SP-Joe Morris) away for basically nothing.

Toronto-Compton Trade (1969) - Front Office Football Central

Then even as we are all questioning what the heck he was thinking, he still makes the Classic to everyones amazement. So we continue along and we fast forward like 2 seasons. Jimmy is still hyper and loving the league, and runs smack head onto a draft picking trading issue that OOTP has (another german engenering issue) and basically losses his mind about it and starts hinting the DC is cheating as commish

1971 Season Thread (Classic is over! FA starts tomorrow!) - Front Office Football Central

Then he calls DC a sore loser and asks for a brand new team
1971 Season Thread (Classic is over! FA starts tomorrow!) - Page 4 - Front Office Football Central

DC gives him a new team then He hints at DC cheating again here in a deal with me
Quad City-Hartford Trade (1972) - Front Office Football Central

and then the bombs start dropping when Jimmy quits over stuff we have been doing forever.
1972 Off-season Thread (Pre-Draft file is up!) - Page 2 - Front Office Football Central

When the dust settles and Jimmy quit he left behind a good Compton team that won 263 games and lost 199 for a win % of .569. Personally I would have loved to see DC stay in Compton to see how many titles they would have won, as they were pretty stacked, however It wasn’t meant to be, and Jimmy was well…….. Jimmy no FOOL OOTP.

Stay Tuned for the next set coming up as we are starting to get down to the nitty gritty
muns is offline   Reply With Quote