View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 04:51 AM   #92
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

That was a quality group of managers there. I think I would have had Drake a bit lower myself, I understand sometimes it is time for people to leave, but it does get a bit annoying when they just disappear without the courtesy of even saying, "Hey I think life is going to be too busy for me to keep up".

Cgould has been doing quite well for himself over in FOOL-X thus far, and I realize this is just a FOOL manager review so those seasons don't count in this but I think for him (and a few others) it sometimes is tough to come into the middle of this group of "personalities" as a new person and instantly start out yapping away. I have noticed with his success over there, he has seemingly felt more comfortable in FOOL the past several seasons as well and that might be the reason he has posted more recently as well. I'm not always sure that I do enough to make the quieter newer members of our league feel that they are just as welcome and just as important to our community as the older veterans. I'm really grateful to have cgould and bz and Eddie around just as much as those who post a bunch more too. I think it helps make the competition in this league higher.

As for TimGuru.. anyone who manages the Yankees is simply NOT alright with me!

Greygoose is one of the managers that leaving really really made me sad. He was probably my first true rival in this league after I got my Valdosta organization together the first few years. The Atlanta vs Valdosta in-state banter was fun, and he always had a very strong team even if he didn't have much title-wise to show for it. He as much as anyone really helped me get sucked into FOOL in the first place. It was extremely good for me that when he had to leave due to RL simply getting too busy for him that his replacement in Atlanta was just as strong competition-wise and even more "chatty"

Turner I'm a bit torn on. I probably would have likely put him around 22-24 range myself. He was here quite a while, did have some success (moreso than say Drake), but I think I get turned off a bit on people who just disappear without the courtesy of saying they are done (despite being PM'd). Maybe that is unfair of me to weigh that in my consideration, I'm not sure but some of my favorite all time FOOL managers who did have to go were all stand up people about it (Cringer, Commo_Soldier, greygoose, etc). Perhaps that shouldn't be a factor in the consideration though

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote