View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #99
muns
Pro Starter

As this list goes on, it just keeps getting harder

17. Ben E. Lou- I think this is an appropriate spot for our fearless FOFC forum leader. Ben was around from the beginning however didn’t really say or do much on the FOOL board. From a stats perspective (and mind you his stats weren’t all against humans, they had a fair share of AI in the early days) he proved he can hang with the best. He went 531 and 393 for a career winning % of 0.575. That is second only to Alan in FOOL HISTORY, plus he finished first in his division twice with 3 playoff appearances. Ben always knows what he is doing in OOTP and maybe one day we will have him grace us again with his presence in our little fast pace piece of heaven to see if he can hang with the big boys.

16. Ramzavail- Ramz came into FOOL in 1976 and was around for more than a few seasons. He went 1032 and 970 for a winning % of .515. Ramz made the playoffs twice in his career in FOOL, and never won a title, however he did come in and stabilize a franchise that was starting to reel after a major owner left the league. He wasn’t a major contributor on the boards, nor was he a rah rah type guy, but he knew how to run a team and he was always trying to make his team better on the trade boards. Im not sure if FOOL’S pace got to him, but he asked to step down in 1983 which was a blow to the league. I would like to point out however, that he didn’t just up and quit and leave the league hanging. Ramz “manned up” and stuck it out until 1989 until the league could find an active new owner to replace him( 6 seasons after he wanted to step down). For that Ill always respect him, and since he wasn’t a bad guy to have around, wouldn’t mind seeing him back someday either.

We cant forget how the San Diego Franchise became the Fathers. This thread gave me another laugh.
1976 season thread - Front Office Football Central

15. LintyFresch85- LintyFresch is an interesting guy to put here at the 15 spot for a few reasons. He has a total of 20 posts on FOFC and 2 posts in FOOL period. Not the kinda guy that you really want in your league activity wise. So why is he up this far? Why isn’t Ramz, Turner and CG all after him. Simple plain truth. Linty has 2 FOOL Titles and he won over 51% of his games. There are only 12 guys in the history of FOOL that have won 2 or more FOOL Championships, and that list shrinks down to 8 that have won more than 50% of their games. So in my eyes he is in small company here and maybe people might feel he needs to be higher, who knows, but the second side of this debate is this. His 2 championships come right at the START of FOOL, when we all were handed our teams. Does that make his 2 count less? I bring back the argument with our # 22 guy on the list drakeviii. Didn’t he have to make the linup, the rotatations, and the contracts? My answer to that is he did, and that’s why he lands at 15 on my list.

14. hyde4us11- Hyde came into FOOL with just basically bats and balls left in his clubhouse with an old Hartford team. Cramsey didn’t do him any favors when he left and hyde was lucky to have fans still wanting to show up at the ball park. So it was expected that it was going to take a while for him to turn the team around after the old vets left and time was all the man needed. In his first 4 seasons Hyde made the playoffs twice hoping to earn that next championship and return to POONER greatness. Unfortunately that didn’t happen and after 2018 Hyde didn’t sniff the playoffs for another 12 straight long hard years. In 2031 though after some nice drafts, and trades Hyde put together a good team on the field and made the playoffs surprising a few and loosing in the Classic. That run started 3 striaght years of making it not only to the playoffs but to the FOOL classic capped off with his title run last season. The scary thing is that he isn’t done yet, and the POONERS long lost history of being one of the best Franchises ever are back with the correct GM leading them back into new found glory days. Hyde’s career totals are 1496 and 1585 for a win % of 486. He has one first place finish, 5 playoff appearances and last years title. I expect Hyde to keep going and if this list would have come out 3-5 years in the future, id expect Hyde to be in the top 10 period. Glad your around hyde, Good luck on next years back to back run.

13. kaosfere- Kaos was another one of my all time Favorite Fool mangers because of the amount of time that he always put in over here. He was one of the handful of guys that would be on the “FOOL” everynight shooting the crap, making FOOL a better place to come waste time. Kaos was around from 1973 till around 2001. He won 1394 and lost 1394 and as Alan has stated before the only FOOL manager in history to be exactly on the 500 line. He only made the playoffs 3 times (all first place finishes) but he did win the FOOL Classic in 1981.
Kaos like Cringer was a clam reasoning voice that FOOL needed in a lot of ways. Kaos had 1,174 posts all in FOOL which came to about 3 a day.

Kaos has a million threads and its tough going through them all and picking out the best of them so I did my best, however the thing that set Kaos apart from everyone else besides activity was that he created an entire other league to be played along side FOOL called FLOP.

That can be found here
Presenting: FLOP. For when FOOL isn't fast enough. - Front Office Football Central

Kaos winning his title in this thread
1981 FOOL Classic: Toronto Osprey (91-63) vs Hartford Harpooners (106-48) - Front Office Football Central

An example of a team preview by Kaos, and if you haven’t figured it out a ton of people used to do these. Another feature we need to bring back
1982 Team Previews - Front Office Football Central

This is Kaos telling the league that we need less legislation, and in hindsight was dead on the money as we did eventually drop a lot of the rules we did have in place, for more FUN.
Opinion Poll: Do you feel some restriction should be put in place for MLCs? (Reposted - Front Office Football Central

Like a few others Kaos is on MY shortlist for guys id want back in a heartbeat.

Im thinking ill release the next set sometime later on in the day today, as im still trying to figure out how I want to roll out the top 10

Last edited by muns : 08-29-2009 at 01:00 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote