View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:39 AM   #14
StLee
High School Varsity

Week 5

In Week 5, we faced a team that got off to the slowest start in DSL 2012 by going 0 for their first three, but found a way to pull off a victory in game number 4. HIT Positive, formerly the Whalers, was ready to put their great offense (but suspect defense) to the test against my Honey Badgers.

In the top of the 1st and due to some problematic field conditions, HIT + started off with a 5-run inning. We answered in the bottom of the first with three to make it 5-3. HIT + could not get a run the next two innings, and we got three more in the third to take a 6-5 lead. In the fifth inning, HIT + got three and we answered with one to make it 8-7 in favor of HIT +. They got the max five runs again in the sixth. That sucked in two ways, because they were at the bottom of their order with two outs, a runner on first, and no runs scored, but thanks to two errors in a row, they went on a roll and got five. In the bottom of the inning, we added two to make it 13-9 heading to the final inning. Each team scored a run in the 7th for the 14-10 final, a fourth straight loss for the Honey Badgers.

In the game, it was a story of the outfield playing too short. They hit 6 HRs on a wide open field, all of them sailing over our outfielders’ heads. In the first inning, we were sharing the field with a baseball team, so our LF was their infield. HIT Positive took advantage of that and hit three balls into the baseball team’s area. But those heavy hits just kept coming, so the shallow defense was our true undoing.

Lineup:
1 – Keeler – LF
2 – DeBree – RF/1B
3 – Lee – 3B
4 – Gonzalez – 2B
5 – Frank – CF/LF
6 – Sundell – ROV/RF
7 – Halbreich – SS
8 – MaryKay – ROV
9 – McMillan – ROV
10 – Dustin – 1B/2B/3B
11 – Camille – C/ROV
12 – Johnson – RF/CF
13 – MJ – C/ROV

Bottom 1st: Trailing 5-0
Keeler – 1B
DeBree – FO
Lee – RBI double (1-5)
Gonzalez – 2-RBI HR (3-5)
Frank – 1B
Sundell – out
Halbreich – out

Bottom 2nd: Trailing 5-3
MaryKay – out
McMillan – out
Dustin – 1B
Camille – K

Bottom 3rd: Trailing 5-3
Johnson – 1B
MJ – 1B
Keeler – FO
DeBree – RBI double (4-5)
Lee – LO-6
Gonzalez – 2-RBI single (6-5)
Frank – FO

Bottom 4th: Leading 6-5
Sundell – out
Halbreich – 2B
MaryKay – out
McMillan – out

Bottom 5th: Trailing 8-6
Dustin – 1B
Camille – out
Johnson – RBI out (7-8)
MJ – out
I didn't take the stats and don’t remember the situation. I’m not sure how Dustin scored. It was probably due to some error, but I have no idea. The person who took stats only drew an ‘X’ and circled RBI.

Bottom 6th: Trailing 13-7
Keeler – 1B
DeBree – out
Lee – RBI double (8-13)
Gonzalez – 2B, Lee advanced to 3B. My mistake on base running because I should have seen it would drop, but the ball hung up a little, so I waited in case it was caught.
Frank – RBI FC (9-13)
Sundell – hit the pitcher for automatic out

Bottom 7th: Trailing 14-9
Halbreich – 1B
MaryKay – FC
McMillan – 4-3. Ball was popped up, second baseman misplayed it. McMillan was standing in the batter’s box. He was tagged out before he reached first.
Dustin – RBI single (10-14), out trying for double and missed the bag

Two straight batters with bone-headed plays on the bases. Sums up our season so far, thus why we are 1-4.

Stats:

Current Standings:
Cass
Bus Drivers 3-2
Swingers 3-2
Pitch Slappers 2-3
Honey Badgers 1-4

Hite
Master Batters 5-0
XXX Scoregasms 2-3
HIT Positive 2-3
Hanamana 2-3

We play XXX Scoregasms this coming weekend and really need the win to stay in the playoff hunt. They will be down their best player for the game, so if we are going to get a win, this is the week.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote