View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #265
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This may not be smart, but I'm playing a game slightly under the influence. I had a root canal today and I'm still feeling the aftermath of the oral sedation and pain killer, but I really want to get a game in and I've been sleeping most of the day.

Anyway, we'll start out playing them straight up but I'll double down on Wierzba if needed as the game progresses.

At the 13:40 mark, we are up 10-7 but Simon picks up his 2nd foul and we sit him.

It's a back and forth 1st half, but we go into halftime up 35-31.

We are winning the battle on the boards 16-11.

Graves is the player of the half: 11 points, 2 boards, and an assist. He has shot 3 of 11, 1 of 5, and 4 of 4.

Snow has 8 points, Everett and Collins each have 5.

The first 3 minutes of the 2nd half, we build a 9 point lead, but they quickly respond. At the 15 minute mark, we are up 42-40.

We rest Graves for a few minutes, but maintain the lead. 52-50 lead with 8 minutes to go.

His first possession back into the game, Graves hurts his ankle on a drive

We go down 57-56 with 4 minutes to go and we have a makeshift lineup on the floor as Everett and Snow are resting and Graves is still hurt.

With 2:45 to go, the medical staff clears Graves to come back into the game. He just has a sprained ankle. Everett also comes back into the game. We are down 59-58.

Graves with a steal, finds Everett on the break who lays it in! 60-59.

Graves with another steal! We slow it down and work the clock..

Finally, with 13 seconds left, Everett runs off a screen, penetrates in the lane.. collapsing coverage, he kicks it out to Graves who drills the 3! 63-59.

Collins with a foul on a steal attempt. They go to the line for 2 which they make.

They trap and press and force a turnover by Collins. They get the ball back with 1:34.

Liberty, their PG gets a good screen at the top of the key and uses the room to hit the 3. 64-63

They steal the ball from Adams in the post.. they come running the other way.. they slow it down. They miss a shot with 10 seconds left.

We get out on the break.. Graves drives into the lane and gets a tear drop shot to fall! 65-64. 28 seconds left.

They go down low to Wierzba, we collapse on him.. they kick it out.. work it around, and hit the 3 67-65. 5 seconds left.

We advance it past halfcourt and call timeout with 4 seconds left...

Inbound pass to Graves who comes off the pick, he drives into the lane and shoots the 12 footer.. it's no good but he was fouled! It's at their place, the arena is rocking and the pressure gets to him... he clangs the first one off the rim.

He intentionally misses the 2nd one, but we fail to get the offensive tip in. They get the ball and it's game over.

Wierzba was the player of the game. 20 points, 7 boards, 2 blocks. He shot 8 of 14, 1 of 1, and 3 of 4.

Graves led us with 19 points, 2 boards, and 1 steal. He shot 6 of 15, 3 of 7, and 4 of 6.

Everett had 7 points and 3 assists.

Colins had 7 points and 5 assists in his best game of the year.

Adamas had 0 points and 2 boards.

Simon had 8 points, 11 boards, 1 assist, 2 steals, and 2 blocks.

Snow had 10 points, 2 boards, and an assist.

We fall to 2-5. Our next game is at home vs a good Iona team that should challenge us. I'll play that tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-28-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote