View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #283
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Owensworth is back from his broken bone and will start at PF for us moving Collins back to SF and Snow back to the bench where he seems to thrive.

We are up 15-13 at the 10 minute mark, and our superior athleticism is starting to show.

A 10-0 run with Graves and Everett on the bench has us up 25-13! Snow does so much better against 2nd stringers coming off the bench.

Finally, our team is performing. Graves tops off a great half with a steal at the end of the half followed by a smooth breakaway dunk. 41-21.

Graves is the player of the half. He has 13 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 turnover.

Snow has 11 and Everett has 5 at the half.

12 minutes left: They've closed within 12, but we are in the bonus thanks to Simon who has been great down low.

8 minutes left: Graves and Everett have helped make it a 59-41 lead. Now, we are going to our entire bench except for Simon who has been resting for the last 4 minutes and is ready to come back into the game.

4 minutes left: Up 69-47 with Simon in control of this game, but everyone is contributing. Everett and Graves aren't even going to come back into this one.

It feels very good to get a win in a game that I played out. Hopefully, this can be the start of a win streak to end the year, but this was the worst team in the conference. Then again, the fact that I got contributions from many different players encourages me..

We win it 82-53.

Snow is the player of the game. 19 points, 5 steals (the 1-3-1 finally worked really well for creating turnovers this game), 2 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 5 of 9, 2 of 5, and 7 of 8.

Everett had 7 points, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 5 turnovers.

Graves had 17 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 5 of 16. I guess he is a bit worse as a shooter than I thought he was, but when he is on, he is great.

Collins with 3 points, 2 boards, and a steal.

Owensworth with 0 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 2 steals, as well as good defense.

Simon with 12 points, 14 boards, 2 assists, and a block.

Most surprisingly, Ortiz had 14 points, 2 boards, 1 steal, and a block. He shot 5 of 9, 2 of 3 (big surprise), and 2 of 2.

Bogans also added a nice game from the bench with 8 points, 7 boards, 3 steals, and 2 assists.

In the simulated game which is a rematch at their place, we also win, this time 75-66. Graves led the team in scoring with 15 points, 2 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals. He was 9 of 10 from the line which was his primary source of scoring.

Owensworth had 14 points and 7 boards. Simon had 10 points and 9 boards. Snow had 10 points and 6 assists. Ortiz had 8 points and 6 boards in very limited minutes. That is a team that can't match us athletically.

Our next game is at Saint Peter's. They are 13-9 and are evenly matched with us in overall rating now that we have Owensworth back.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote