View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #285
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

18-18 at the 10 minute mark.

At the 5 minute mark: We are up 28-26.

Then, Everett and Graves start a 12-0 run. We go into halftime up 40-28.

Everett is the player of the half. He's hitting his midrange jumper finally, and it's opening up everything. He has 11 points and 2 assists. Graves also has 11 points.

We are faster than almost everyone and I haven't been running enough. This game, I'm telling our guys to constantly run. At the 12 minute mark, we are up 57-40.

With 10 minutes left, Everett hurts his knee

Our staff thinks it is just a slight sprain and that he can come back into the game if needed. Right now, Graves is playing the point and doing so well.

We are up 64-51 with 7 minutes to go.

It's 65-57 with 5 minutes to go. We get Everett back into the game.

During the next 4 minutes we go on a 12-0 run to finish it off. At the end of the run, Graves draws a foul and goes to the line. He hits both FT's (he is a great FT shooter) to give himself 30 points which is a new career high

We win the game 77-57.

Graves is the player of the game. 30 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 9 of 23, 7 of 15, and 5 of 5.

Everett had 14 points, 4 assists, 1 board, and 1 steal.

Collins had 11 points and 3 boards.

Owensworth who has made the 1-3-1 work with his length had 3 points, 9 boards, 3 assists, and 5 steals.

Simon had 8 points, 18 boards, 2 assists, and a career high 4 blocks.

Snow had 6 points. Bogans had 9 boards.

In our final regular game of the year, we surprise Loyola at their place, 69-59.

Everett led our team with 15 points and 6 assists. Graves had 14 points, 4 boards, and an assist. Snow had 13 points, 7 boards, and 3 assists.

We end the regular season with a 11-17 record and are currently 7th in the conference standings. That means we play a 1st round MAAC game against 10th seed Manhattan who we should be able to beat. In fact, I'm liking our chances to advance fairly far into the tourney. Our 2nd round opponent will be Saint Peter's. We aren't in the same bracket as Siena and won't have to play them until the Finals if they make it there. I'll start the tourney run either later today or later this week. My wife is going out of town for 4 days from Tuesday to Saturday with her mother to see her brother graduate basic training in Oklahoma, so I should get some time in this week.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-30-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote