View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #294
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Clemson's Dinky Hooper was the player of the year. The 6'10 240 pound center averaged 22.6 ppg, 8.2 rpg, and 1.8 bpg.

Siena's Johnny Lampley was the Mid-Major Player of the Year. After the tournament his averaged raised to 23.5 ppg.

Syracuse's coach won Coach of the Year.

Barry Pleiness a PF from Florida won defensive player of the year. The junior averaged 1.9 bpg and 1.4 spg.

Hooper won Big Man of the Year.

Reynold Hull a 88 rated freshman(!) won Freshman of the Year for USC. The SG averaged 12.9 ppg, 5.3 rpg, and 3.4 apg.

The All American Team:

PG Wendell Meeking, Tem 19.4 ppg and 5.3 apg.
SG Michael Edwin, Mizz 20.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg.
SF Stephan Sommerville, Marq 19.8 ppg, 5.0 rpg.
PF Rudolph Gill, Miami 20.1 ppg, 6.4 rpg.
C Dinky Hooper, Clemson

Lampley made 2nd team All-American.

Wow. DeShaun Simon was named to the All-Freshman National Team! He finished with 7.7 ppg and 10 rpg.

He also won MAAC Freshman of the Year over Graves.

Graves was 2nd team all-MAAC.

Graves, Collins, and Simon were all First Team on the MAAC Freshman Team.

We lose two contribturos and two pieces of deadweight this year:

Graduating: Owensworth, Hendriks, Peclukas, and Brigewater.

Job Search:

Duke's Coach K has retired. I'm not even anywhere on the short list after that horrible season. LOL. They hire Belmont's Coach! Ironic.

I don't get offered any of the top jobs. The best job I get offered is Northern Iowa in the Missouri Valley. They are a team devoid of talent, and it is an easy decision to stay put.

I turn down 5 more jobs including UNO which was slightly tempting as they have a talented team and I have some affection for the team.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote