View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #210
Radii
Head Coach

--Its not getting any easier as we play Lincoln who is in 1st place next. A report comes out that attendance is expected to be down.

Contract Update

We get 21 messages about expiring contracts, many are coaches. Noteworthy players:

--DC Aswad Thomas - Making $875/wk, wants a bigger apperance fee but will take $825/wk. Cutting $50/wk would be nice and he doesn't play a ton.

--DC Mike Williams - currently $825/wk, will take $800 but wants a bigger appearance bonus. I try to lower the appearance bonus and make an offer.

--ST Danijel Subotic - straight up extension, he makes $2100/wk and is slumping a little now but I believe he's a guy I need to keep around.

--GK Kevin Lynch - Wants a small raise and I try to lock him in for longer than a year.

--MC Joe O'Sullivan - still has self esteem issues. He's my starter and he's playing well at this level, he only asks for $375/wk. I offer him $525/wk (his current salary) extended out to 2017.

AMR Ademola, AML/Utility Sloma, MC Arter, DR Anane are all up this year and will free up about $3500/wk total salary.

December 26st, 2013

Lincoln (14-6-2, 1st) @ Woking (7-8-7, 15th)

We're 7-2 dogs today in a game that brings us to the halfway point of the season. Lincoln are 4:6 favorites. We've never played these guys before. I'm not looking forward to it.

Lincoln's big scorer is Chris Fagan who has 12 goals. Johnathan Hughes has more goals than our top scorer with 7.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Williams/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Pulis
AM: Clapham/Downes
ST: Pablo/Harsanyi

O'Sullivan and Jesus sit today. Lincoln runs a straight 3-5-2 formation.

2': A long free kick into the area... Harsany with the header, just saved! Nifty start.

6': Nikolaou falls over missing a tackle and is out of the play... a cross by Lincoln, the ball is headed around the area multiple times before being cleared behind. Corner for Lincoln comes to nothing. Pulis suffers a small knock.

24': Lincoln with the ball just over midfield, there's a 20 yard through ball run on to beautifully by Hughes... he strikes past Lynch... pretty goal, very quick strike. 0-1

28': Pulis with a free kick from 20 yards out, bent nicely around the wall, turned behind by the keeper. Two corner attempts go nowhere.

36': We earn our 7th corner... not a one has come close to connecting.

42': Pulis with a shot out of nowhere from 30 yards, he just misses wide.

HALF: We aren't playing bad. We've generated 8 shots, put 2 on target and had 4 blocked... our corner attempts aer awful. Lincoln with 5 shots, only one was on target, nothing blocked, they aer just whiffing. But that one on target was a great goal.

58': The second Lincoln goal is as quick as the first... A missed interception by Christian Smith is blamed for it, there's a long outlet from behind midfield, Hughes is onside but breaks perfectly and receives the ball just outside the box with no one near him, and he completes the finish. 0-2

69': Ball in for Upson, Thomas in for Williams, Ademola in for Downes. All three subs are based on resting important players for our next match.

79': Christian Smith goes down and he's out for the rest of the match. We've used up our subs so we drop back to a 4-4-1.

87': Ademola with a great cross, Pablo with the header... keeper makes a solid save.

Not unexpected but depressing.

Woking 0 : 2 Lincoln

Their goalscorer is obviously man of the match. Mike Williams with a 5.1 today, Ogogo 5.8.

Contract Update

O'Sullivan and Thomas immediately accept their new deals.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote