View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #239
Radii
Head Coach

-Chesterfield, 8th in League 2, fire their head coach after changing management. I release a statement denying interest in the job.

-- The Woking board are delighted that I reaffirm my committment to the club by refuting my interest in the Chesterfield job.

April 21th, 2014

Chesterfield(19-10-13, 8th) @ Woking (11-17-14, 17th)

Oh, so I just told my next opponent they aren't worthy of my leadership. Hrrm. They are 4:6 favorites today and we've played a couple teams in the playoffs recently but this is the most important one for our opponents by far. The top 7 make the playoffs. Chesterfield is 1 point behind Exeter, just out of the playoffs today. They desparately need wins over teams like ours. Back in December we had a scoreless draw at their place. Chesterfield are a one man team.. Ryan Blackwell has 24 goals. Their second leading scorer has 8.

GK: Lynch
D: Williams/Thomas/Smith/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Jesus/Downes
ST: Pablo/Subotic

Back to a normal lineup today after resting up. We're going after their star scorer today, Blackwell, closing down and tackling hard.

7': Their star Blackwell with a great long pass... they steal the ball in midfield, Blackwell with a long ball foward to the other striker Vickers who cuts perfectly and gets behind the defense. Its a clear ut strike and he isn't missing as he runs into the penalty area and challenges Lynch. 0-1

20': Pretty!! Jesus at midfield, give and go with Pablo, Jesus receives it right back and makes a good run down the left side... he places a cross into the area. Joe O'Sullivan runs onto it and gets his head to it, the keeper cant get to it and its in! 1-1

22': Jesus. Not our player, but Jesus Christ what just happened. Highlight starts, there's a pass to Blackwell. He's on the right side of the field about 30 yards away. He just stops and shoots... and scores. No wonder he has 20+ goals... 1-2

29': Upson tries to get it back... after a few headers to determine possession Upson receives a pass about 30 yards out and fires... he hits the crossbar, very close!

30': Midfielder Bradly passes to striker Vickers, Blackwell cuts to the goal... Vickers with a through ball, Blackwell receives it behind our defense... and easily scores. 1-3

HALF: things slow up after that. A wild half but we are way on the worse end of this. We take 10 shots, they take 8. Both of us put 4 on target but they have the best player on the pitch and its not even close.

55': Harsanyi in for Subotic who was havign an awful day.

60': Ademola in for Downes who was also having a horrible day.

64': Jesus does most of the work himself, he starts naer midfield, beats two defenders as he charges down the left side, places a beautiful cross right at the 6 yard line, O'Sullivan meets it for his second headed goal of the day!! 2-3 "Jesus showed great creativity and vision to create that goal"

Just a couple highlights the rest of the way, they do a good job killing time and getting the 3 points they desparately need.

Woking 2 : 3 Chesterfield

Jesus is man of the match in the loss. He had two assists and was brilliant, earning a 9.0 rating. O'Sullivan with both goals and an 8.8 rating. Williams 7.0. On the other end, Downes 6.0 and Subotic 5.7 were really not on their game before being subbed out.

With just 3 matches left Rushden and Lincoln have clinched promotion. The rest of the playoff race:

3. Dag & Red - 74 pts
=====================
4. Rochdale - 73 pts
5. Crewe - 73 pts
6. Oxford - 72 pts
7. Exeter - 71 pts
=====================
8. Chesterfield - 70 pts
9. Leyton Orient - 67 pts
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote