Old 05-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UWF Power Pro Wrestling
Sunday, Week 2, March 1987
OK Abe Lemons Arena (Mid South)
3500 People

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Shane Douglas defeated Art Crews in 7:31 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex (D-)

Pre-Show Dark Match
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Steiner defeated Sid Steele in 8:30 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog (D)

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sting defeated Brad Armstrong in 11:43 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock (D+)

We go to the interview area where Jim Ross is standing by with Skandor Akbar:

"Last week Bill Watts made a mistake. He put his World Champion in a dire situation facing an athlete like Terry Gordy without ANY warning! One Man Gang has come to me for guidance on how to deal with these type of awful situations. It is only fitting that I officially become his manager and help him through these trying times!" (D+)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Chavo Guerrero defeated Tim Horner in 10:28 by submission with a Gory Special (C-)

Michael Hayes comes out to the ring with a microphone:

"Everyone saw earlier how Skandor Akbar has decided to take One Man Gang under his wing. You know why he did that? Because he is scared of my man, Terry Gordy! He knows Terry is going to be the next UWF World Champion and neither Gang nor Akbar are going to be able to stand in the way of his destiny! Just like my destiny is to continue to be the most exciting wrestler in the UWF and NO ONE will stand in my way of that!" (C)

Backstage we see Ted DiBiase watching Hayes on the monitor with an offended look on his face (C-)

In a match that had some good action and average heat, Bill Irwin defeated The Missing Link in 16:30 by pinfall with a Bicycle kick following interference from Big Bubba Rogers (D+)

After the match Big Bubba gets in Link's face screaming at him "NEVER DISRESPECT ME AGAIN" before unloading with big lefts and rights. Finally security gets Rogers out of the ring, but the damage is done (D-)

Show Rating: D+

A good show, but the Main Event cost us at least a C-. Still, I like the direction we're headed.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote