View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #42
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Preseason: Roster Status

GK - I can't tell you how disappointed I was in new signing Fraser Forster. He's making a huge salary and I'll be looking to dump him to the highest bidder. Hopefully, I can bring in a more capable keeper to assist Ingo Wilke

D - Our defence was pretty poor last year. In reality, we need help everywhere but I'd really like to upgrade our fullbacks. Bob Harris, our usual starting left fullback was outplayed by his backup Leo Creemers last year. At right fullback, long-time White Conor Morrissey is likely on his way out the door with an expiring contract - he's been an incredible player for us through multiple promotions but he just isn't a Premier League quality player. Fellow right fullback Glen Johnson was atrocious for us in his first year at Dover - he's got one more year left on his contract and will be retiring after this season. I may be forced to keep him. Jozef Kuciak was decent at DR last year but is more suited to a backup role. At DC, long-time Dover soldiers Luke McCullough and Oliver Nicholas are still here but I'll need some reinforcements at that position. Nicholas especially is showing signs of not being able to keep up to the speed in the division.

M - We're in decent shape here, especially in the middle of the park. Andrea Rocca was sensational when healthy and Liam Craig continued to produce and show great versatility. We're quite weak on both wings though - veteran signings Cristian Rodriguez and Ashley Young saw big declines in training last year and MR Keith King is more suited to a backup role at this level.

F - Gerardo Escobar was decent last year but I'm looking for more out of last year's big signing. Zoltan Bardi will be back as well and young striker Roberto impressed in limited appearances. I could really use a gamebreaker at this position.

With such a large transfer budget, I'm going to prepare to make a big splash on a player, especially if I can find a stud striker, which is so important at this level. I'm also going to look for upgrades everywhere - I think the key will be to find one great young(ish) player at each position - it might take a few years to build my club this way but if I can get a full squad of 4.5 potential types, I'll likely be in pretty good shape.

My big needs in the first transfer window:

1. Try to bring in a world-class striker
2. Look for at least one starting fullback
3. Look for at least one starting winger
4. Look for at least one starting central midfielder
5. Look for a capable backup keeper or someone to challenge Wilke for the #1 spot

Last edited by NoSkillz : 11-17-2013 at 09:24 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote