View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:24 PM   #639
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
We've spent some time discussing voting mechanics. JR (posts 95-99) and Font (posts 101-108) had the most interesting sequences of votes on D0. It's hard to tease apart the role that our long dormancy will play in producing errant votes from the potential misdirection that could be caused.

Now that we're in D1, JAG has also picked up on Font's game of trying to block Klink's power (with the added efficacy that JAG's role is already public). I'm not sure what Font's role is, and what would motivate her to self-sacrifice to occupy Klink. But it's interesting to note that at least two players have concluded that they see Klink's power as something likelier to be used for evil.

Remember also that the team captains put in priority lists for roles--I'm not sure it's a certainty that Klink ends up on Team Bad. There are a lot of mechanics that EF's keeping under wraps (presumably for balance and intrigue purposes). For instance, how large are the respective teams? Abe has assumed that Team Bad totals 3 in an earlier post; we've also had a question about whether our Neutral could draft.
1. This is more summation than analysis from brit, which is a pretty common wolf way of addressing the thread.

Quote:
Nice catch. Cultist-type role, you wonder? It's such low-hanging fruit, and the suggestion goes against typical WW setups.
This is a response to Autumn calling out Jackal. It gives Autumn town cred and makes people less likely to vote Jackal, imo. Not a good look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
He means that if you're a villager you should already know if villagers get to PM and not need to be pondering it "out loud" in the game.
Telle is so town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think if I was wolf captain my first pick would be Skippy - not only going to scan as villager but breaks the seer scans for the rest of the game.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet my strategy would be to draft that person and then try to draw a scan on day 1
I can't see bhlloy being this open about drafting strategy if he were a wolf.

Quote:
The more interesting question to me is what this might imply about Font's role. Her play doesn't strike me as unusual for her--she's a thoughtful and proactive villager, and an equally active/distracting wolf (relying on long-ago impressions here).

Anyway, her willingness to role-block Klink suggests that she doesn't mind having Klink--who may be likelier than the average role to be Bad--knowing her role. It could be that she's in a role with seemingly pedestrian power. It could be that she's seeking identification as a fellow Bad. I dunno.
Quoting this because brit brings up some decent reasons to not vote me, and does later.

Quote:
Focusing just on the first part of this, as I'm fairly confident we'll all be thinking about Jackal until lynch.

13 players in the game.
1 neutral, for my money.
We're looking at 9-3-1 as our likeliest distribution, I think. I could see a +/- of 1 depending on the relative power of the roles in play.

Quote:
Unvote Telle
Vote The Jackal
It's interesting that brit seems more resigned to a Jackal lynch here (I'm fairly confident we'll all be thinking about Jackal until lynch.) than actually excited about killing a wolf. Imo, I think wolf!brit would be at the point where he was assuming Jackal is going to die that Day or the next, and he wants cred from it.

Quote:
Applying some pressure. Telle, I've taken my cursor off you, but grace us with a vote, would you?
The reasoning for the vote itself is super weak and leaves him an out if he wants to vote elsewhere.

Quote:
Ok, I'm going with fontisian. Mostly because I don't want to bandwagon on The Jackal.

Have we speculated yet on whether or not fontisian might actually BE Klink? All that voting could just be a distraction. She can't vote for herself, so it wouldn't diminish her ability. But then there's still the question of would Klink be a villager or a wolf?

Well sorry to vote and run, but as I mentioned just previously I may not be around again before deadline.
Telle is so town. Very few wolves are like "yeah, I don't want to wagon my partner."

Quote:
My issue with your reaction here is that I'm noticing the converse of omgusing--you're complimenting JR's approach which happens not to implicate you. Could be an attempt to build trust across team lines.

I don't have a meta on Telle--he hasn't posted on the forum in 4.5 years before this game, and hadn't played any WW for a year before that, which takes us back to the beginning of my time here. Sorry.
The beginning of brit's push on me. I don't like it, but that could be personal bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
VOTE BRITROCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I feel like Jackal's idea about a villager team is unlikely, but it feels like what he was really saying. His defense has felt earnest and not panicked, so I'm thinking I will move elsewhere.

The case for font seems like typical D1 stuff, but actually based on D0 stuff before alignment, so I feel like it's not strong.

Brit's posts feel solid, doing some real work.

Mauchow's post below:

pings me a bit as being one of those "too vague to mean anything but I said something" posts. Tarcone on the other hand hasn't said anything. So I'd rather vote mauchow than Tarcone.

Chief hasn't put a lot up today but what's there is solid.

Leads me with mauchow so far, who has no votes. blah.
Chief votes brit and Autumn is immediately there to defend. Notice the brit is the best person Autumn could go on at this point to save Jackal, but he instead tried to start a wagon on someone with no votes.

Quote:
unvote
vote mauchow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Mauchow has 24 posts in this thread. I don't think that's a lot of noise for nothing. I don't get that at all.
This is really nice from Abe, actually, and backs up him being town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
vote britrock88
As Jackal gets closer to dying and Autumn got rid of some of his cred, Jackal moves to distance from brit.

Quote:
What is the case for Brit? I really liked his posts when I looked back, so if it's him or Mau, I'm going Mau.
Another defense from Autumn for brit.

Quote:
Well while obviously I want everyone to know I'm a village.. do you think I don't have enough personal integrity to point out a major mistake like that if it benefited me to keep quiet?
Telle is so town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Great result with knocking off the wolf leader with the first vote. I talked myself out of his comment being such an obvious slip up...oops.
Kind of bleh from JAG, but the tone is better than Autumn's, imo. Also, his role doesn't fit with the other one Jackal recruited.

Quote:
Trying to look at voting movements. At this moment Jackal and Font are tied for the lead with three, Brit has two. Jackal unvotes Font and votes Brit, switching that to a 3-3 Jackal-Brit lead.
Autumn starts his summation of the day 1 votes by talking about the things that look best for brit.

Quote:
Sorry for all the posts, but it helped me to process what happened there, and not to have to flip back forever.

At this point I am wondering whether Jackal wasn't protecting Font. He moved off of Font in a way that didn't help his chances at all, but just made it a Brit-Jackal tie instead. And then Font unvotes Jackal and votes Mau, which effectively puts Brit in the lead without the two ganging up on Britrock. If there were two wolves in the mix, this makes sense. If not, I'm not sure why Jackal doesn't just stick with Font.
Autumn emphasizes that I'm scummy coming out of the votes and postulates that Jackal voted brit to protect me. Again, this is the most positive possible interpretation for brit.

Quote:
Autumn feels very Good to me.
Brit also defends Autumn, though that could be a town being pocketed.

Quote:
My overarching observations with last night's deadline activity, by character involved:

- Jackal: unsurprisingly tried to self-save at the deadline, at Mau's expense. The flip from Font to Brit a half-hour earlier is a thing to note (I won't make anything more of it, though).

- Mau: appeared to put Brit 2 up on Jackal/Font/Mau at 9:48. Vacillated between Brit and Jackal at the deadline, and not in a way that accomplished much.

- Font: placed the vote that didn't stick at 9:34, switching from Jackal to Mau. (I'm not convinced anything nefarious was at play; however, there is not only the move off Jackal to justify, but also the confusion in the thread that resulted from the formatting issue. Should we keep overlooking this?) Finally, she checked out at 9:42.

- Brit: AFK, with a vote hanging on Jackal throughout.
This is just weird, with brit speaking in the first person. It's very similar to what Autumn wrote up.

Quote:
Brit and Autumn, appreciate the work you put in.
Ew. I mean, JAG probably isn't that obvious? Right?

Quote:
I've had that thought as well, FWIW

Font is playing the strangest game I've ever seen, screaming cultist or some hidden win mechanism to me
Would like bhlloy to explain this at one point.

Quote:
Hmm, my Autumn as a possible wolf sensor is tingling...
Good from bhlloy.

Quote:
Finished reading Bhlloy. Day 1 was almost all rule speculation. But has been active today with some thoughts on votes. However, very broad. Says initially Font and Mau should be the focus, agrees with JAG about considering Abe, and then also suggests considering cheeki and tarcone for being quiet. And now me ;-) Quite a spread, though he put a vote early today.
Just saving this quote, as it may be relevant latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
unvote font
vote Autumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
I'm not comfy sticking with font. I'm not sure about Abe, but I like the call earlier on Autumn jumping off Jackal...
Good for cheeki.

Quote:
Well that was an impressive play by Autumn, gotta give him credit.
Ew, but again, probably town?

Yeah, that's not very concise, but I think there's reason to clear everyone except brit and tarcone, and brit has a lot of interactions with Autumn and Jackal against him.