View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 03:23 AM   #214
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

8.22 Stuttgarter Kickers(0-3-2, 6th) vs. SG Wattenscheid 09(0-1-4, 8th)

Sitting for rest here are Ortag, Fetscher, Pitzen, and Naegeli. And Zeitz is still out injured, so basically half the normal starters. Meanwhile, ex-Stuttgarter cast-offs ... err, I mean Wattenscheid ... had a 6-2-2 formation that'll make it fairly tough on us to score while having L2 rainbow feint Dias and L2 cannon shot Pfeiffer to threaten us with. Yeah, I don't like playing these guys.

We get Karger a coin-flip chance at scoring on an angled try, and he chokes. Shocker there! They try and run it up the near flank, and after Schluter whiffs on the tackle, Komolong and Doringer stand around taking pictures while Pfeiffer blasts one by with relative ease. Sigh. An immediate equalizer by Karger at 28 minutes breathes some life into our game, and Doringer makes a play on Dias to keep it even.

Despite some fatigue, staying with who we have seems best. Komolong gets a save against Dias to start things off. After an exceptionally dumb sequence in which they blast back-to-back power shots that we deflect right back to them(literally anywhere else would have been better), this one ends in a draw.

Stuttgarter Kickers 1, SG Wattescheid 09 1

These guys have beaten us each of the past couple years once if I recall, so at least that didn't happen again.

** Levels - Doringer(19), Jedin(16)

*** Doringer
** Karger
* Schluter - moved around a bit and missed a tackle. Umm, yay??

** Balance - 74.6k(+102)

8.29 Alemannia Aachen(3-0-3, 3rd) vs. Stuttgarter Kickers(0-4-2, 7th)

I don't know what's up with the weather, but it's hot again for this one. Standard starters sans Ortag here ... I play Schluter on the 'wrong' side to oppose their RF. Aachen goes a bit more aggressive this time out. We do get Zeitz back at least, and I'm hoping for at least a draw with the plan to sub a few players out at the half so we have guys who can move for the second leg of the Cup.

RF Muller nearly scores right away, but Komolong narrowly manages to deflect the try away. After a nice midfield interception by Fetscher, Jedin splits their defensive formation and gets a rare goal ... they had Karger pretty well covered and it was low odds to get it to him. Remarkable -- an actual counter-attack goal! They wanted to play keep-away which was fine with me ... I moved around a few players who don't get in the action much to get them spec XP and called it a half.

Degner, Ortag, and Dieing in at the half. Our defense is still going to be tired even with a long layoff, but I can do what I can here. Karger got in the act with a shot that was just barely good enough, followed by a lazy, just-passable save from Komolong. We're not often up two goals, and are fortunate to be here. That ended with a bad pass out of defense by Degner, as Muller scored after the turnover. He should have gotten it through, but I also shouldn't have taken the chance. Karger scored again, but then Muller hit another, and Jedin missed. Our defense held them out, but this was hairier then it needed to be.

Stuttgarter Kickers 3, Alemannia Aachen 2

Who says we can't score? Oh, everybody else we've played? K, point taken.

** Levels - Jager(19), Fetscher(14), Schluter(13), Pitzen(9), Dieing(8).

That's a nice collection of gains for a mere league match!

*** Karger
** Fetscher
* Jedin

Karger gets his talent upgrade, and starts work on Rainbow Feint L2.

** Balance - 74.6k(+27)
** Glory - 96(+11)
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote