View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #424
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

In short I made it the whole week, but was battling a cold/bug the whole time and generally felt like crap. Felt constipated which doesnt seem to jive with anything Ive read regarding plant based diets, thought it could be attributable to the medicine I was taking. So I decided to push it another week just to see how I felt when I wasnt sick.

Went all last week as well, with no real guidelines except "no meat" and actually went decent enough. Didnt feel like I uncovered the secret to life and other than a little extra recovery time after workouts no real negative diff either. (Lots of variable there. I'm in a heavy loading cycle on my workout regiment so the extra soreness can be attributable there.)
Saturday evening my daughter had a volleyball tourney and a couple team mates of hers rode home with us and they were all clamoring for Buffalo Wild Wings..so we ate dinner there. There wasnt really a vegetarian option on the menu except a black bean burger and I was starving and not in the mood for that experimentation...so I ate a dozen chicken wings. Didnt feel any major difference after that either. Havent had any meat since then.

Not really sure what the end goal is right now. Whats interesting is outside of meat Ive eaten like shit. Ice cream once, drank lots of beer, bread, you name it. And in 2 weeks I lost 1 lb. Now at my weight 1 lb is just static noise and not indicative of anything. But in the past with the crap Ive eaten I would have expected to pick up a couple lbs....so who knows.

Im really struggling with what to eat though. So I'd welcome any suggestions there. It's been hard just to figure out meal ideas. Last night the wife and I basically made Japanese Hibachi veggies and rice and that was good. Have had potato and broccoli soup. Grilled sweet potatoes one night. Made pasta and tomato sauce...homemade 4 cheese calzones.

Never did try quinoa...havent figured out what to do with it yet. lol

Long answer to a short question...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote