View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #829
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I deduced this on day 1:

So I'm curious why you didn't reveal a bit earlier so that DaddyTorgo wouldn't have to reveal as the bodyguard??

I mean you're obviously the duke, but wouldn't the better play for the village be for DaddyTorgo to not have to officially reveal?

Well, I don't have any knowledge if DT and/or Lathum were telling the truth, lying, or whatever. What I wanted to accomplish was for us to have a voting history for the day either way, so my commenting too heavily in this regards would have negated that. I kind of dropped a hint to DT to not reveal a few hours ago, but I got pressed by a few other people about it and had to give some kind of response to try to not tip my hand too much. I obviously had a few ways to go with this, but I wasn't going to single handedly be responsible for killing off a bodyguard or a seer without knowing for sure.

I also think next time this comes up, I likely will make the same play again in order to keep the wolves on their toes.

This way one of the the following three things have now happened:

1) Lathum or DT is a wolf, and we have a voting history on who may or may not have tried to either save them or jump in once the vote looked likely a done deal.

2) Neither are a wolf, in which our voting history for today is pointless but even moreso I'm glad neither are dead.

3) Both are a wolf, and well the wolves got lucky I guess today by my play.

Like I said though, right now I feel we should go a completely different direction with today's vote. Not that I believe Lathum and/or DT, but in both cases they will have a way of working themselves out at some point this game if they are lying.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote