View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #161
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I should probably provide some explanation of the conversation above...

The coach I am communicating with is the same coach for the White team referenced in the emails. He is offering to allow Bailey to slide down 2 team levels (to the second lowest team level). She'd be swimming with good 8 year olds and average 9 year olds. The practices are 3 days a week (MWF or TTS), and they run for 45 minutes. The White practices are just kicking, drills and laps, no interval training so no need to rush through sets. However, the white team (even the smaller TTS group) is still around 30 kids...

I think it is also important to remember (and I think I mention it here quite a few posts back)...we noticed that while on the SA Gold team Bailey had developed the bad habit with her left arm in the freestyle last fall, and we pointed it out to the coach and told him that needed to get fixed. He didn't get it fixed and because of that we are dealing with this issue. Now I realize Bailey is partly at fault for not fixing it - this isn't meant to be a blame game. Lord knows I told her repeatedly to focus on fixing it, and I know the coach told her a couple of times, but when she didn't fix it, I feel the team should have taken a more firm stance and drastic approach to clean it up before something bad happened. One of the reasons that we aren't even considering allowing her to move back down to the SA Gold team.

Last edited by Breeze : 09-20-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote