View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 10:17 AM   #31
Calis
College Starter

Anyone catch Pride 33 this weekend?

Biggest night of upsets ever.

I knew that Diaz wasn't getting enough respect against Gomi, and thought that Hendo had a slight chance, but who'd have thought? The biggest shocker of the evening though was Little Nog getting knocked out, a Nog knocked out! It's insanity, and by a judo guy no less.

The Gomi/Diaz match ranks up there as one of the weirdest fights I've ever seen, just very bizarre fight from Gomi from the start. Gomi just look comletely unprepared, it was embarrassing.

Silva is just not himself anymore, he spent more time backing up then going forward and his punches just seem to be getting wilder, I think his time is passing. Can we get Shogun a title shot now? I was really looking forward to seeing Silva/Little Nog or a Shogun/Nog rematch, but last night put a damper on that for a while. Silva did look bad, and I believe said he was very sick at the time, who knows if that's true but he looked very off. Honestly though I'd like to see him out of the running for a while, let some other guys in.

Dan Henderson now as the Welterweigt AND Middleweight champ of Pride, pretty impessive.

Very fun card overall, still can't believe it all.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote