View Single Post
Old 07-02-2023, 12:45 PM   #30
Radii
Head Coach

Strategy Review

We've played enough games since the hilarious Draven day that I want to check in on the team comps I'm playing. A few posts ago I outlined my strategy and listed the following team comps as the ones I planned to lean into:

Ionia (Yasuo/Kaisa), Azir/Lux, Aphelios, Noxus, 6 Invoker

So over my last 20 games, what have I actually played, and how am I doing with each:

Noxus: 5th, 6th, 2nd
Ionia: 1st, 5th, 7th, 1st, 3rd
Azir: 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 7th
Invoker: 2nd, 4th
Aphelios: 1st, 6th, 7th
-----------------
Sorcerer: 6th, 2nd
Zeri: 6th

Thoughts on this small sample size of data

-- I play Ionia the best and it's the strongest in the data, makes sense.
-- Aphelios feels like it sucks
-- Zeri does suck and I should rather surrender than try that again
-- Invokers don't do quite as well in the data but I really like them
-- Sorcerers could replace Aphelios as the other 4 cost comp, the problem with sorcerers is that Lux is the main carry there, and she's also used in the Azir comp which makes her too contested in many games. The point of the comps outside of Ionia and Azir is to find things that are not very contested, so that's why I don't add Sorcs to my list.

Updated comp thoughts:

Ionia/Azir - lean into them hard like everyone else, that's being done for a reason
Invoker - Only with a strong start for it but yes yes.
Noxus - Require a stronger start to be willing to play this, I think that is my failing with it.
Aphelios - I don't think I can drop this, it's viable, just suck less, I guess

Rek'sai - this is a bruiser reroll comp that uses similar items as Noxus and Yasuo in the Ionia build. I might need to consider it as well.

Overall though, I have played the two strongest comps in the meta 9 out of my last 20 games and I've done well with them. Many others are forcing their way into those two comps 15 out of 20 on average. At the very least if I have the option of uncontested Aphelios or contested Kaisa, I should choose contested Kaisa.

Lets gooo.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote