View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #1043
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Good luck!

Reminds me of a doctor's visit a few years ago. I came in rather overweight with a family history of diabetes, heart problems, etc. So they did all the blood work on me, sent it out and then had me back in to discuss the results.

Doctor looks at me, shakes his head and says, "You need to lose some weight because..." and then glances down at the sheet. "Hmmm...blood sugar is fine".

Looks at me again and says, "You need to lose some weight because..." and looks over his sheet. "Cholesterol is really good."

"You need to lose some weight because..."...checks his sheet..."blood pressure is better than normal."

He does this routine a couple more times until finally he looks me square in the eye and says, "You need to lose some weight because...YOU'RE FAT!"

Haha...nice story. I find that a reasonable helping of reminding myself that I'm still fat is actually useful in motivating me. Now given, I'm not AS fat as I was, but it's still helpful.

I need to make a doctor's appointment with my GP. Actually I might need a new GP...my old guy has moved into offices in the city.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-17-2011 at 01:25 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote