View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 07:47 AM   #213
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

October 23, 2017

I know things have been pretty quiet here for a while. Thankfully, there has been very little to report. My new meds have minimal side effects, and unlike the trial, I don't interact with the doctors as much. However, I am coming up on some really important scans. The first one is tomorrow. I'll have my first CT since I changed meds. The Xalkori was working extremely well on the lung portion of my cancer, so I'm hopeful this second stage drug will do as much or more. I will have my follow up with the doctor the following week. I'll have my MRI on the 10th which will be my first following the second Gamma Knife surgery. This will show if the treatment was effective and if any new spots have appeared in the intervening time.

Scans are a stressful time because a bad report means a change in treatment and there are only so many treatments available. These scans are even more stressful because they are following the change over from the trial to the new meds. Saying my prayers the scans look good and the meds continue to work for a long time.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote