View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I bumped up defensive awareness by 2 clicks for both sides.

Our 1st drive went well until we got inside their 20 and Booty threw an interception to Ryan Gilliam, one of their corner backs.

Fortunately, on their 1st offensive play the QB threw a low pass that Lawrence Jackson batted to himself and intercepted.

Their Stud DT held us on 3rd and 1 and we had to settle for a 25 yard FG to make it 3-0.

Their next drive ended in an interception just across midfield as Brnadon ting made another excellent defensive play.

We ran the ball 3 times before calling a play action pass from a double TE position. Their SS was blitzing and Booty threw a perfect pass to Whitney Lewis for a 34 yard TD pass. That made it 10-0.

We stopped them after 5 or 6 good runs thanks to 2 sacks by Lawrence Jackson. He is coming close to breaking the school record for sacks in a season.

Our next drive was marked by a few runs and a good pass to Fred Davis our fast TE. He turned a 6 yard cross into a 34 yard gain. However, eventually their DT put pressure on us and we had to eventually settle for a 34 yard FG to make it 13-0.

They are putting together a nice drive as the quarter ends.

End of 1st quarter: 13-0 lead for USC.

They drove to our 35 but were finally stopped and punted it. They kicked it into the endzone.

On our first play from scrimmage, we came out in a 3 WR set. I handed it off to Bush, he had good blocking up front, he juked the Weak side linebacker, took an angle to the sideline, beat the safety there and used his speed to go 80 yards! TD! 20-0.

Their next drive is 3 and out.

We run Bush quite a few times and hit a few passes to Davis to drive us down the field.

On 3rd and 9 from the 17, I call a Bunch formation with 3 WR to the right and Jarrett to the left. Jarrett is double teamed. Booty throws the best pass I've ever seen as he throws a post pattern pass just over the linebacker and just under the safety to hit McFoy in stride for the 17 yard TD pass. 27-0.

Their next drive is a lengthy 16 play 72 yard drive in which their QB finally breaks away from my spy for a 9 yard run.

On this drive, he also uses his feet to buy time on 2 seperate plays including the 14 yard TD pass to Finley in the back of the endzone. 27-7.

We get the ball with 1:20 left and 77 yards to go.

First play is a 12 yard out to Jarrett.

1st and 10: Overthrows Fred Davis on an out.

2nd and 10: Overthrows (by a lot) Whitney Lewis on a deep out.

3rd and 10: 5 WR set. Booty sees Patrick Turner crossing underneath, he hits him in stride. Turner beats his man.. stiff arms another defender.. runs towards the sideline. Jarrett then gives a crushing block to the safety. Turner turns up the sideline and runs all the way for a 65 tard TD!!! 34-7.

On their next drive, I stop their first two passes. They run the ball on 3rd and 10 but convert it!

Then, they hit three underneath passes but are running out of time. They cross my 40 with 10 seconds left.

We foolishly call a prevent. They hit their WR on a deep fly for a 35 yard catch, and 2 DB's miss the tackle and he goes in for the TD. Finley with another TD reception. 34-14.

Halftime: 34-14.

They come out with 5 WR on their first play. Jackson pressures the QB and he throws it right to my dime CB Terrell Thomas.

Bush runs for 2 yards, Jarrett catches a 20 yard deep cross. However, they stop our next two runs.

On 3rd and goal from the 4, I call a pro set, WR outs. Both receivers are covered. Booty spots Bush underneath who snuck out of the Backfield late. Booty hits Bush for his 4th TD pass today. 41-14.

We stop them after 5 or 6 plays and they punt.

Our next drive is a beauty marked by a 3rd and 10 slant pattern to Jarrett in which he really used his body well.

We eventually had 1st and goal from the 1. They stopped Bush on the first play, a run up the middle.

On 2nd and 1, from the goalline set, we called a play action. They almost hit Booty before he threw, but he threw a lob to the right corner of the endzone. Patrick Turner used his big body perfectly to shield the defender and catch the ball! TD! 48-14.

This is one of those home games, where everything is working right.

Their next drive they go to the 50 or so before having to punt.

We get stuffed on two runs, then Booty throws an interception on 3rd and 7.

They drive to the 18, before trying a 35 yard FG. Their kicker misses it.

In our final drive for the first team, I put Bush in the slot and White at RB. White promptly responds with a 58 yard run in which he ran over the outside linebacker and almost beats the cornerbacks to the endzone before they finally caught him.

Two plays later, Booty runs the option, fakes the pitch, runs towards the endzone and gets clobbered by the safety just before he crosses the line. He fumbles it and they recover the ball and get it on the 20!

End of 3 quarters: 48-14. So much for having Booty leave on a positive note. I'll bring in both second teams after this drive by them.

They make 2 first downs, before we force them punt after failing to connect on a 3rd and 9 pass.

We proceed to put together a 16 play 75 yard drive in which White, Washington, Hendrix, and Hinds run the option, run plays up the middle, and generally run over the defense. Unfortunately, all of my backs are gassed as we get into the 10 yard line, and they stop us. We settle for a 25 yard FG to make it 51-14. We ate up over half of the quarter's clock.

Their second string offense can't do anything against my second strind defense. 3 and out.

We run the ball a few times to run out the 2 minutes left on the clock.

Game over. 51-14 win

Passing:

Booty 13 of 25 (52%) for 282 yards, 5 TD 2 INT, sacked 1 time.

Dennis Dixon 12 of 36 (33%) for 153 yards, 2 TD 3 INT, sacked 2 times.

Rushing:

Reggie Bush: 18 carries for 106 yards, 1 TD, long of 80.

Lendale White: 10 carries for 133 yards, long of 58. 90 yards after the 1st hit!

Rocky Hinds: 5 carries for 21 yards.

Chris Vincent (Oregon) 20 carries for 111 yards. Long of 20. 55 yards after the 1st hit.

Receiving:

Dwayne Jarrett 3 catches for 50 yards.

Fred Davis 3 catches for 70 yards.

Patrick Turner 3 catches for 83 yards and 2 TD's.

James Finley (Ore) 4 catches for 73 yards, 2 TD.

Garren Strong (Ore) 3 catches for 24 yards.

Leading Tacklers:

Will Harris 6 tackles for us.

Sedrick Ellis (DT) 6 tackles for us, 1 tackle for loss.

Jackie Bates (Ore - CB) 9 tackles

Haloti Ngata (Ore - DT) 8 tackles, 4 for a loss.

Leading Sacks:

Lawrence Jackson - 2 sacks.

Reggie Kerney (Ore), LB - 1 sack.

Leading Interceptions:

Lawrence Jackson, Terrell Thomas, and Brandon Ting all had 1 for us.

Jackie Bates and Ryan Gilliam each had 1 for them.

Kicking: Mario Danelo was 3 of 3 with a long of 32 yards officially.

Star of the Game:

Booty with 13 of 25 passes for 282 yards, 5 TD and 2 INT.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote