View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 12:34 PM   #107
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

So, later I will put up the 80 yard run by Brenton that was pretty to watch. What I got from the tape is we met up with a big kid who was at another level in talent, and our guys still have not learned how to tackle. I told my DC I would give him all the time he wanted this week, but to work the fundamentals of tackling until we felt good. #5 stiff armed our guys into the turf. I kept telling them all week he would do that, and there are no stiff arms around the knees, but they would not listen.

This week we play the Broncos. The are a run and shoot team on the youth level. They run trips and quads. Pressure should solve all our problems this week on defense.

Based on what we have seen so far, this will be the last of the easier teams we play. We still have the #2, 5, and 6 rated teams after already playing #1. We don't play any of the bottom 4 teams, the only team not to do so.

We were pleased by scoring 12 on the Yellow Jackets. The coach was upset, because they had a six game streak of shutouts going back to last season. They are now 22-0 over three years. Pretty good. Really because of #5, the coaches son. Without him, they are a good team, not a great team.

The team we beat last week (Hawkeyes) won 33-0. He said his schedule is very soft. They play all the bottom 6 teams going forward and do not have to play the Yellow Jackets in the regular season.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 10-06-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote