View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 11:49 AM   #74
condors
College Starter

i want to offer a view from the child's point of view

I was without a doubt a problem child

my mother takes me to the store i didn't want to go so i start walking home and run away when she would try to pick me up (although we would be 10 miles from home)

I would get punished, the belt, time-outs it didn't matter

I was sent off to live with serveral different relatives didn't change a single thing

My father thought boxing may be a good outlet for me in fact he was a boxer and i was in a boxing ring before kindergarden. It allowed me to beat up more and bigger kids was all that changed.

I honestly cared deeply for my family and friends but most of them don't care for me now.(i grew up hating all the people that beat the crap out of me and felt betrayed by them)

Drugs didn't work for me and i tried more than i care to remember. There was one i never had any "outbursts" of any kind but i also slept 12 hours a day or in the summer for me to sleep for 40+ hours straight then only getting up to eat or use the bathroom.

Anyways i am not going to say i am "normal" now but i can pass for normal.

My brother and sister are realtivly normal and i am the youngest. This is not my parents fault. I am not going to say its my fault directly cause i started running away from home when i was 2.(my sister tells me this i don't recall back that far)

Anyways don't forget to show your kid love every day my father may beat the hell out me but he always came into my bedroom later and told me how much he loved me and tommorrow is a new day and maybe we will get it right.
I still have bad feelings towards my mother but i have nothing but love for my father.

no matter what the child says his mother and father and sister are the most important things in his life he just may not realise it for a very long time
condors is offline   Reply With Quote