View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #354
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very nice job by the defense pitching the shutout. I'm hoping that this game was as brutal as it was because of field/weather conditions - wish there was more to read in the play-by-play to indicate something like that.

Only 26 first downs between the two teams. OSU actually outgained us by 100 yards; our 233 is the lowest number I've seen for one of my Pac 10 offenses.

We held Oregon State to 5-19 on 3rd downs. Nice to see us addressing a problem area from earlier in the season.

We also have done a better job this year of not being whistled. OSU had 8-77 yards while we only had 5-40. I'm not sure how I've addressed this through recruiting; perhaps having older cornerbacks and offensive linemen helps, as those seem to be the groups that collected the majority of our calls in the past.

John Rattay will attempt to forget that this game ever happened. 8-26 for 91 yards and 2 interceptions.

Nicholas Morris didn't finish very well after a strong start, but without his 32 carries for 137 yards we lose this game.

Hank Swilling had 4 solos, 4 assists, and 3 hurries on the day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote