General Manager

We graded out very well for the year:
Team Performance: A
Talent: A
Recruiting: A
Board Expectations: A
Prestige: A
Overall: A+

First time I have gotten that grade at UCLA. Feels good. And I think we deserved good marks as our only three losses were by a combined 9 points to teams that all made the final eight in the playoffs.

Coaching Carousel:
Fresno State brings in a new guy after their huge season. I hope it was a case of the old guy retiring; if not that is one harsh administration.

Programs who come calling: Florida State, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Kansas State, Texas A&M, Memphis, Ohio (wow, they made the playoffs and nearly pulled a 1st round upset), Northern Illinois, and Utah.

I'm upset that Utah is looking for me to come in and replace my former defensive coordinator. I would be just fine if they cut him and I got him back, however. Not that I don't want my coordinators to succeed - but I want the ability to get him back if he was fired and didn't have another head coaching opportunity.

All in all, some good schools are looking to talk with me. But I want to get the UCLA prestige above USC before moving on. And we are up to 71 now, so we are trending in the right direction in a big way.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote