Pro Starter

WCW Monday Nitro
Monday, Week 1, April 1998
Fargo Dome, SD

Pre Show Dark Match
Alex Wright defeated Fit Finley (D)

Pre Show Dark Match
Bubba Ray Dudley defeated Mortis (D)

Mike Awesome defeated Ultimo Dragon to win the WCW TV Title (D+)
**this was done to get the low level title off Ultimo and given to a low level worker. I've got two more to do like this as well.

Chris Benoit talks about his match against Curt Henning in the future (D+)

Raven comes to the ring before his match and again verbally attacks Davey Boy Smith (D+) before defeating Norman Smiley in a match (C+) after the match Raven gives his cross like stance over his fallen foe (D)

Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Marty Jannetty (C-)

Randy Savage hypes up just how good he is (A)

The Nasty Boys defeated Harlem Heat to win the WCW Tag Team Titles (C-)
***this is the second match to get a low title off high level workers.

Chris Jericho meets with Gene Okerlund and accepts Eddie Guerrero's challenge he made to him last night at Uncencored (C)

Arn Anderson is found layed out in the backstage area. Ric Flair discovers him and immideatly thinks it's Shawn Michaels (B)

Bill Goldberg defeated Fatu (C)

Bret Hart defeated Ric Flair (B+)

After the match Bret headed back to the back as Flair paid his respects to the fans. Out of nowhere Shawn Michaels came thourgh the crowd and started to attack Flair. This led Bret Hart back to the ring with a chair in hand. Michales quickly retreated from the ring when Bret hit Flair with the chair to end the show. (B)

Show Rating C+

Show Thoughts

I'm disappointed with such a low rating. I thought this was a very sold show from top to bottom angle wise, but the matches didn't help me any.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote