View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #28
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The nine year old draft started and I got top choice of the remaining kids. Six kids are gone already. Two of them are my protected choices and as it turned out Nathaniel M. has a younger brother in the 9 year olds so I'm forced to take him in the 3rd.

"Thems the breaks", I cackle in laughter.

The other three are coach sons protected by the other teams.

I take the best available kid, hands down. Bryce C. was highway robbery. His PAT was 18.53, which was THE BEST of any of the 9 or 10 year olds. He'll be a back in our system, and hopefully a corner or linebacker.

With my 2nd pick I take Ashanti T. More of a need pick, he's one of the bigger nine year olds. I'm hoping to make a tackle out of him. He scored 24.06 in the PAT. There were plenty of smaller, more athletic kids out there, but at this point I felt I had plenty of back type kids. I kind of need to flesh out the line. Given that there aren't many 9 year olds that project well to the offensive line, I felt this was a better pick than most of the smaller, quicker kids. Honestly, at this point, there are a number of kids that are about the same size and same skill sets. I don't really need any of them.

My third pick goes to Noah M, the younger brother of my future quarterback. I have not seen a single thing on Noah, so I have no idea what I'm getting. One coach told me he's a good athlete, so he probably fits into that same size and skill set mold. I'm alright with that at this point. Noah hasn't been out for a practice, so it'll be like Christmas when I finally see him.

Last edited by Poli : 08-01-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote