View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #48
BYU 14
Coordinator

Come on Rodney, you know that QB in the Double Wing is just a glorified Guard since he will be a lead blocker on the toss play, throw a lineman back there

Seriously I would go with Jon's idea and at least rep 2 kids, even knowing that when the Brothers get back from camp things will change. This would also give you the opportunity to work Jacob at TE when the other kid gets reps so you can have the "I think this is where your son will help the team most" card ready when you need to move him there.

We always allow the incoming Freshmen to start practice where they "want" to play, then move them to where they need to play within a couple of days if they are not fitted for their choice of positions. Last year our starting center started at FB. His switch was made easy when I explained that he could either be the 5th string FB or compete for a starting job on the line.

We start practice tomorrow and I am excited, in fact you have me contemplating doing a dynasty on our Freshmen team this year.....It would be kind of cool to review it as the year went on. I will have to really consider this.

Oh, think about using unbalanced too......great set for this age group IMO as I would imagine most teams would have trouble adjusting properly....Hell it still works pretty well in High School
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote