View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #950
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
It's hilarious how after the CFP announcement everyone suddenly started making the argument that Notre Dame was a good team simply because of Cincy's win over them, all while Notre Dame fans have been saying they suck now.

I’ve been a ND fan all my life. They aren’t that good.

That is the least shocking thing I've read is that you are an ND fan and want to keep UC out.

Yet Notre Dame has played and beaten a better schedule than both Cincinnati and Michigan State. But their only loss was to Cincinnati.

Michigan State is somehow #3, but their marquee win was over an equally doubtable Michigan team. And their one comp win was by 5 on the same field that Cincinnati won on by 14. Against a backup QB, whereas UC actually played IU's original starter this year.

But I guess that doesn't matter either. Either rankings of teams they beat matter or they don't. Either the games matter or just the reputations.

By the eye test, this year it is probably Georgia and then everyone else. Maybe Alabama could make an argument for being a cut above. But everyone else is on about the same playing field. There is no objective reasoning for keeping Cincinnati out but including Michigan State. It's absurd the lengths they are willing to move the goalposts to get the desired result.