View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:21 PM   #215
Blackadar
Retired

I used a little of both - the occasional DVD and the occasional streaming. So I'm rather impacted by this. I'll probably cancel. Your loss, Netflix.

1. It was $7.99 when I started less than a year ago. That's an absurd increase, not to mention I have a Blu-Ray and I don't want to pay another $2 for Blu-Ray disks. This seems even more idiotic given that we have to wait 30 days for most new DVD releases. So they've doubled the price and reduced services in about 8 months...the very principle of the thing makes me want to cancel. I don't feel taken advantage of or anything like that, but if I signed up for a cable modem and then reduced my bandwidth while doubling my price in just a few months, I'd cancel just because I think it sucks...this isn't any different.

2. It's most definitely not worth it for the streaming because their selection is pretty damn mediocre. Streaming on my IPhone was pretty neat when I was stuck somewhere, but other than that it's just not all that useful.

3. It might be worth it for the mail DVDs, but with Redbox so pervasive around here, it makes sense to look at renting from them for a buck or (Blu-Ray) a buck and a half. I hate having to return movies, but that might be the end result.

4. For that price, I can also rent a bunch of movies from Dish and/or get HBO or Showtime. Though I probably won't.

Last edited by Blackadar : 07-12-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote