View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 03:14 AM   #606
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't know how to read these statements as anything other than flatly contradictory to each other. Of course it's very possible that one or both don't fully reflect your point of view; certainly it's very easy to mis-state or be misunderstood in an online forum. But lacking some sort of clarification I don't think there's any way for me to respond intelligently.

Let me try and state it as clearly as possible: I don't believe that American gun owners are serving to actively prevent government oppression AT ALL. I consider the threat of US government oppression requiring armed revolt so remote that I think the division of gun ownership strictly along political lines is actually a more realistic threat to American standards, political procedure & lives....but that doesn't necessarily mean I expect that threat to be realized in any way. A likelihood of .0005 % is infinitely more than zero, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm expecting the first result to happen.

And again, just to put a fine point on it, I relayed that my dad shot & killed himself, my cousin was shot & killed by a co-worker, and my friend cleaned student brains off the wall of the Roseburg massacre, and your response is to go out of your way to repeatedly misunderstand me, question my intelligence, sincerity and understanding of the stakes, force me to fully qualify everything I say AND disbelieve me when I try to do so??
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 03-12-2018 at 04:28 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote