View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 08:49 PM   #246
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I agree that's true with head injuries, but this is wildly different. It's solely to protect QB's because Matthews' teammate got his collarbone broken on a clean hit last season.

I know the NFL did do something in that vein after Brady's ACL injury as well, but that wasn't really a common way to sack a quarterback. This just makes it physically impossible and actually probably raises the injury risk for the defender if they start trying to contort their body into unnatural positions.

Agree! Them two calls against Clay were ridiculous over the past couple of week.

Not that it really matter because the Vikings stayed in the locker room today but every single time Allen got taken down hard I kept thinking it was going to be a flag. Its just sort of hard/frustrating to watch right now. If the quarterback leaves the pocket teams should be able to hit them as they can easily become a runner. I can understand easing up a bit on them while in the pocket but they are flagging perfect form tackles right now and thats not fair to the defense. Ill never say this again but I feel bad for Clay Mathews right now.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote