View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 08:10 AM   #445
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

As Rodgers was scrambling to his right and being sacked, Adams (on the left side) switched direction to back across the middle and Sherman briefly reached out and contacted him. Didn't look like it had anything to do with the play, but I never saw it frame-by-frame with where Rodgers was at the time of the penalty. In the end zone, when guys are scrambling around, you see that kind of contact on nearly every receiver and it's not called all that often. But 3rd-and-long deep in GB territory, flag just had to come out.

By letter of the law, it was a penalty, but he barely impeded him and he was still open after the penalty. What I didn't see was the synch-up between when the foul occurred and what Rodgers was doing - if he was in the process of being sacked, it's even more of a BS call and IMO, those types of flags should be waved off. But I also think it's stupid to penalize a receiving team for holding on a fair catch or punt/kick-off that's not even returned.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote