View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 04:32 PM   #22
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Okay, somebody help me out a little bit here. From ESPN about the BOS/PHL pick swap

So it's a darned high pick in 2018 -- unless it's #1 overall or anything worse than 5. OR it's a crap shoot for what might not even be a lottery pick (theoretically) in 2019?

It's the Kings, which makes it almost a guaranteed lottery pick, especially when you consider that even if they suck and get a high pick next year, they have to swap again with Philadelphia (that trade has already paid enormous dividends considering that I seriously doubt Boston would have dealt #1 for #5 and a future pick).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Ainge has had no problem pushing chips in for guys he likes (infamously being bailed out when Charlotte & Miami passed up huge offers when he targeted Justise Winslow).

Another instance of Ainge being bailed out is that if Hinkie hadn't been on his way to being fired at the time, he'd have traded Okafor to the Celtics for Brooklyn's 2018 pick at the trade deadline of Okafor's rookie season. Obviously that would've gotten a lot of crap from the "durrr it's a Ponzi scheme!" crowd, but at this point I don't know if you can even give Okafor away.

Last edited by nol : 06-19-2017 at 05:21 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote