View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #514
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
You think some guys with AR-15s can fight a government that spends $700 billion a year on defense. Not sure you should be the one deciding who thinks rationally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I stand for the National Anthem to support our soldiers.

Same Person: I need this AR-15 in case I need to kill our soldiers.

I think the point that these types of posts always forget is this, if the day ever comes again (coal mine wars) where a sitting US President orders a military attack on US Citizens on US soil, not all soldiers will comply. Those tanks, fighter jets, etc. have to have operators. It isnt like an armed brigade would be fighting the entire capability of the US military.

Further, I would point you to Vietnam. With all our technogical advantage we couldn't defeat a trained, poorly supplied - yet determined enemy that was concentrated in an area roughly half the size of Texas. How are they going to fair against a force spread across this country?

Quote:
OMG the government has nukes, poor dumb Bubba wants an AR to fight a nuke.

Guess what, the guy releasing that nuke would be sentencing his own family to death in that apocalypse scenario. IOW he wouldnt push the button.

A final point on this path of thought. During the American Revolution only 3% of the colonists supported or took up arms against the Brits. The other 97% were fine to live under that arrangement. It shouldn't be a surprise that "the majority" dont see the need for guns today.

As for me? I am one of that 3%.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 03-08-2018 at 05:56 PM.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote