View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #539
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
For a liberal analog to how hollow 2nd amendment arguments sound to me, I'd offer: a perfectly healthy dude with dreadlocks, a baja shirt, and quilted pants, reeking of patchouli who wants to talk your ear off about the medical properties of marijuana. He has a stance that is perfectly sound...but you're going to be practically insulted if THAT dude insists he's primarily smoking weed for medicinal reasons.

Similarly, I don't so much believe folks are interested in protecting themselves from extended government tyranny more than just protecting them & their shit from whomever may directly threaten it, and extending that threat to government agents isn't so much a primary motivating factor based on the grand constitutional history of our country as much as it's simply naming one of the types of hypothetical people you'd be willing to shoot if they directly threatened you & yours.

Indeed. I simply don't buy it for a second. People like shooting guns or think they need them to defend their homes/person. I don't believe the vast majority of gun owners own them because of ideas of overthowing a tyrannical government.