View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 03:37 PM   #441
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Looks like it's not an exclusively American phenomena...
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/t...name_page.html

MY SEX TXT HELL
Sep 5 2004

Teacher's messages ruined my life says boy

By David Hudson

A TEENAGE boy bombarded with sordid text messages from his teacher became so traumatised he had to seek counselling.
Paula Redfern, 25, sent obscene text messages to two boys, aged 15 and 16, at the comprehensive school where she taught English.
She begged them for a three-up sex romp in a store cupboard and sent a barrage of other lewd messages. But this week she walked free from court when a judge threw out the case against her because of a legal blunder. One of the boys, now 17, told how she'd stop lessons to chat about life with her boyfriend.
She once invited her class to suggest how her "friend" might treat a boyfriend she'd not seen for a while.
Alan - not his real name - said: "Everyone came up with something of a sexual nature. Then she read them out. We knew she was really talking about herself and her boyfriend."
But the texts she sent the boys were explicit. Alan said she wrote: "Does the thought of your teacher being wet do it for you?" Another read: "Alan, do us a favour. Have a w**k for me."
The boys thought it was a bit of fun. But, after her arrest in December 2002, the seriousness took its toll on Alan.
He said: "I was coming home and going straight to bed. I became very withdrawn. I did not want to talk to anybody. I certainly did not want to stand up in court - in front of her and my parents - and talk about the intimacy of the messages.
"I knew that what I was going to say was going to get her into trouble."
It was his friend who was sent the text suggesting the threesome. He was also sent lewd messages asking about his manhood and his sex life.
Alan said she talked to the boys and girls about the thrill of being caught having sex over a classroom desk.
One night Redfern, of Spilsby, Lincs, texted him saying she was bored marking schoolwork and added: "Can you imagine having oral sex."
His father said that because it was a young woman texting boys some people thought it was harmless and a bit of a giggle. But, he said: "What if these messages has been sent by a male teacher to 15-year-old girls?
"That would have been seen quite differently. It wouldn't have been regarded as a laughing matter."
His schoolwork suffered and he told his form teacher he was "switching off all the time" and constantly sleeping. The teacher arranged for counselling.
Alan said: "For two years it had been preying on my mind and still does. I know she has not been tried for anything, but I am glad it's all over and I can get on with my life."
Alan completed his GCSEs and got "As" in English Language and Literature. He is at college studying A-levels and plans to take a gap year.
Redfern was suspended then resigned "for personal reasons." She was due to to face two charges of sending grossly offensive text messages between January 1 and December 5 in 2002, before Hull magistrates - but a judge ruled she could not be fairly tried as the Crown Prosecution Service delayed presenting vital evidence to her lawyers, stopping them preparing her defence. The blunder cost £40,000.
Technicially, Redfern could carry on teaching as she was not found guilty. But the allegations will be recorded forever by Humberside Police - under guidelines tightened after Soham.
After the case Redfern's solicitor, Alistair Hewitt, said: "She is pleased that this matter is finally concluded. She is disappointed she has not had an opportunity to fully clear her name.
"She now requests that she be left alone to get on with her life."

Time to go all international up-in-here!
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote