View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 04:10 AM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

My day off today. I don't want to think, don't want to ruminate. It's straight waking up, a bowl of Count Chocula, and to the computer for Crusader Kings II.

Things do not start well. King Svend II creates the Duchy I could have bought and the Duke of Bohemia dies, but I'm unable to press Judita's claim on anything for some unknown reason. She's pregnant at least, so hopefully a son will have a claim that I can use to start a war.

Svend II helps his buddy in Norway win a scrubby pagan county (Lappland) and I have a son. Is this the start of something awesome?

Of course not. Nary a claim in sight. Props for the name, though. Makes me want to go toke, except I have no idea where to go or who to buy from. Haven't known since the two failed grad school attempts.

Time passes and of course nothing happens. Then, on Christmas, 1074, a merchant caravan from Hindustan comes asking for shelter and food. Of course I give it to him, just to see what happens, and lo and behold, I get this guy:

Needless to say, I make some immediate Council adjustments, because my Council hates me except for genius Hans av Norborg:

Want some more proof of how much everyone hates me? I try to instigate a claim on the Duchy of Sjaelland, but nobody's interested in helping. Svend II tells me to stop it, I tell him to go to hell, Svend shrugs and goes back to ignoring me, though he does have the gall to give the royal spymaster a different duchy he created after he creates a third or fourth duchy. I really, really, -really- hate King Svend II. Why can't he die already?

Oh, I have another son now too, named Kristian, but I don't care about him. Toke's my heir and that's all there is to it.

Two years later and I have a third son, Kristoffer. The following also becomes readily apparent:

...Yeah. Kristian is something of a boy genius. So naturally I change to elective law and nominate him my successor. Fortunately one of my two vassals goes along with the nomination. He's already almost as good as I was when I first started and he's flipping 2 years old.

A few years later, I get so bored I declare a war on a lone pagan county, hire cheap mercs and go attack it... and just when I'm about to win the fucking thing, an alliance of pagans comes and drives me out and I lose.

In a fury, I quit without saving. Screw it. I'll start somewhere else next time. But now to do something like zone out on CSI: Miami and figure out where to go next. Damned alliances. Damned everyone in fricking Denmark hating me. Damn my asshole chancellor who was all like OHAIUWANTCLAIMINWALES?! HAHAHA SCREW YOU! NO CLAIM FOR YOU!

...I wish I had work now. I hate days off. Long hours with nothing to do, no one to see, nowhere to go.

I know. You're sick of hearing it.

I'm sick of -being- it.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote