View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

The Brown Stain (FOF7)

My second go round with the Browns. The turnaround in my first game was a bit too quick, going 3-13 the first year but winning a Super Bowl the next season and coming close the following two years after that. I've incorporated some very light house rules this time to hopefully make for a slower build. I don't mind being competitive every year, because in real life many teams are, but I want it to take sometime before I get there.

Settings

Cap Range: 28 to 80
Injuries: 225
Combine Accuracy: 50
Personality/Chemistry: On
Depth Charts/Game Plans: AI

House Rules

1. In free agency, may only sign one unrestricted free agent with a current/future combined rating of over 100 and may only sign one player with a current/future rating between 81-100 - Down the road, I may lift this but for now, it should ensure that the team is built slowly.

2. If I lose a player in free agency with a current/future rating of more than 100, I may sign a player of equal or lesser value that does not count against the limit set out in #1. This does not apply to players who retire or who are released. - This essentially allows me to replace UFA's that I lose.

3. May carry no more than 60 active players to training camp - this seems to put me more in line and on a level playing field with the AI.

4. Throughout season one, may not sign any undrafted rookie free agents - I just find the UDFA pool too deep early on and this means that any pickups are usually no talent scrubs.

Like I said, very light and I may lift them down the line. I want it to take 4-5 years at least before my team is considered much of a contender and I'd like to see small improvements year to year instead of a big turnaround.

Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote