Old 12-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #28
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

RETIREMENTS

None.

STAFF STAGE

No change.

FREE AGENCY

Leon McFadden (56/56) hits the free market and quickly signs a big money deal with the Saints. That gives us one extra signing of a big name player this off-season. We take another hit at CB with the loss of Carey Williams (39/39). He played solid for us last year and I felt he was asking too much. I was hoping he would slide to FA2 and his demands would drop but he got snagged in the final stage of FA1 by the Bears.

We go middle linebacker again this year to give us some extra depth and sign 4th year former Falcon Blaine Babka (52/52). We use the extra space from McFadden to upgrade at kicker and sign Austin Signor (45/45) who was rated a lot higher in the free agent pool and his ratings took a hit once he joined our roster. The final big signing was guard JB Thompson (43/43) whose ratings also looked a lot higher before joining our roster. RB Mark Ingram (40/40) and WR LaRon Byrd (39/39) should add some nice depth and make up for the departures of LaRod Stephens-Howling and Davone Bess respectively.

DRAFT

2.20 - OLB Anthony Ahn (19/43) - not much I like in this draft and we end up trading down twice, picking up a future 3rd and future 4th in the process. We finally settle on Ahn who has three blues in dash, sole and agility and also solid ST.

2.29 - DE Tracy Aghajafari (17/36) - red dash and sole, blue in agility. Bars don't really match up like they should. This guy really slid as he was graded a 5.8.

3.29 - S Tyrus Krueger (21/53)- three blue bars and a red in position drill. Should be a solid player.

4.29 - TE Jared Hickman (25/39) - red in sole and agility, green in broad jump, looks to be a solid pass blocker as well.

5.29 - WR Harvey Harper (18/30) - blues in dash, sole and agility, green in bench. Don't have a lot of hope for him.

6.29 - DT Billy Ifill (11/27) - three blues in dash, agility and sole, greens in jump and bench. Could be a decent backup.

7.29 - CB Micah Turner (19/32) - blue in bench, green in dash. Looks to be a decent special teamer, right now we are sitting at only 3 corners on our roster and needed another guy.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote