View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #36
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

HALL OF FAME

Peyton Manning and Tony Gonzalez were unanimous selections and were joined by Champ Bailey.

RETIREMENTS

Arian Foster who had a solid 4.51 ypc on 89 carries for us last year hangs up the cleats.

STAFF STAGE

After not extending him last season, we were taking a chance that Glen Ogden would sign back with us. Unfortunately, there were still some sour grapes at the lack of an extension last season and Ogden spurned us in favor of taking the head coaching job with the Chicago Bears. Vic Fangio signs on in his place to be the new coach of the Browns. With a new head man at the helm, despite the success of the offense the past season, Fangio brings his own man in as offensive coordinator in former Chiefs coordinator and Brett Favre backup, Doug Pederson.

FREE AGENCY

We lose guard Shawn Lauvao (59/59) as he signs with the Pats. The 9th year guard was asking for $28 million over 4 years and that was too much for us. DE Greg Hardy (45/45), who was one of our big signings when we took the reigns of the team also signs elsewhere. Hardy had 18.5 sacks in four seasons but his play dropped off badly last year. Fullback Anthony Sherman (51/51) also appears to be in decline and is not re-signed.

With TE Jermaine Gresham showing signs off age, we land 6th year man Dwayne Allen (49/49). We continue to go after former Colts as we sign backup RB Trent Richardson (40/40), despite his ugly 2.88 ypc over the past 5 seasons. We also look to upgrade our special teams with the signing of punter Ty Goodrich (51/51).

In late free agency, we sign promising 3rd year CB Blaine Murphy (35/45) to bolster our secondary depth as well as tackle Lenny Provance (45/45) to prepare for Joe Thomas retiring one day.

DRAFT

1.25 - WR Jerald Tresca (27/57) - we go against our staff's overrated impression to select Tresca. He has reds in strength and agility and blues in dash, sole and position drill. He could take a few years to develop though.

2.10 - C Ray Bolock (35/62) - we trade up with our division and state rival Bengals to take hopefully the man that will replace aging Alex Mack at center. Bolock had red combines in strength and agility and blues in dash and broad jump.

3.14 - CB Randy Schreiner (21/43) - there has been a real dearth of good prospects at DB the past two years. We settle on Schreiner who has blues in dash and sole but just misses out on agility and position drill.

3.25 - G Isaiah Baumert (18/44) - a red in dash and blues in sole, agility and broad jump. With the new staff, our guard grades took a hit and we are not sure what we have here now.

6.26 - RB Archie Diaz (21/38) - blues in dash, sole and PD. Green in strength. Bars match up and could be a decent 6th round find.

7.25 - QB Marvin High (5/21) - a four blue QB in the 7th round, dash, strength, agility and PD. He's only 1% developed and 97 volatility. I probably could have got him as an UDFA but I think I'm more likely to keep him around if I draft him.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote