View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #547
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
As soon as the seat belt light goes off, take her on a walk up and down the aisle (before the cart comes out). Maybe you'll get lucky and there will be a baby for her to look at (usually good for a few minutes of staring and babbling about). Make use of all the play options around your seat (safety placard, SkyMall, lights, vent, window shade was always a favorite for my kids). Sing to her. Ask for an extra plastic cup when the drinks come around, those are pretty good playthings. Make sure you're as we'll-rested as possible for the flight.

Good luck, in my opinion right around 18 months was the most challenging age for my kids to fly.

My wife wants to take our son out to Seattle possibly this fall, considering that is 9 to 10 months from now, I've been against it (we live 1.5h from Philadelphia). She just seems to lose the common sense on this topic, I'm half apt to let her go the trip alone with the baby. I think it's one of the worst thing parents can do (the stress alone can wear everyone out) unless it's absolutely neccessary.

When Zia was a year old, her mom and I flew her to Dallas for a my ex's mom's wedding, and she was pretty antsy on the flight, though I had her on the return flight and she was great until the last 10 minutes.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote