View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #5415
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I grew up in lower Bucks County, maybe five miles from the border of NE Philly. Granted, this was 30 years ago, but I can't recall interacting with any blacks until I was maybe 12 or 13, and that was a coach and a few kids who traveled from Morrisville to play on my township football team. Wait, I take that back - Mailman Bill. But other than that, I can't think of anyone. No black kids in any of my class or team pictures (outside of the one football team) until I was in HS. And then I remember like...I don't know, less than a dozen.

One of my best friends when I was growing was a black kid my own age but the thing is, he lived in a rural area across the street from my grandparents. We always looked forward to getting together whenever I visited. Even though I grew up south of Syracuse, there were no blacks in my vicinity and none at my K-6 school the whole time I was there. I never knew why on either one and maybe I don't want to know. In my travels throughout most parts of the US, I still notice we live in a very segregated society. Maybe that will change.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote