View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #5434
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Without getting into the details of the abortion issue personally, I have to say that I find it interesting how so many anti-abortion advocates (both politicians themselves but also movement leaders) accept the exceptions for things like rape and incest. If you firmly believe that abortion is murder, then what does it say about you if you support abortion if the pregnancy arises from a horrific source like that? It's then proper to execute the baby? Really?

There are logical consistencies in the firm pro-life position, in my opinion. And there are logical consistencies in the firm pro-choice position as well, again in my opinion. But I'm not sure how you can square that compromise position, even in the name of political expediency, without resorting to some sort of ugly pragmatic game theory.

Interesting to see the evolution of this. Based on the debate last night, it seems that more GOP politicians are taking the "abortion is murder and always wrong" v. the "abortion is murder, but allowable in certain cases" position.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote