View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #4097
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I love when the UFC falls ass-backwards into the fight we wanted all along.

I also like how just a slight change of circumstances can change what seems like a destroyed promotion/fighter relationship. You can hate each others' guts but the second the stars align and there's money to be made and a little urgency, there's a deal.

So true and 'll be honest, I kind of enjoy Dana having to capitulate on this.

This is a really interesting fight too. Till was a huge win for Masvidal and the Askren and Diaz fights were both matchups that heavily favored him in terms of styles. Askren was severely lacking in the striking game and Masvidal is basically a mirror image of Diaz who is just that much better technically at striking than him.

Usman can match Masvidal technically keep pace with his workrate, plus is a better grappler. If Masvidal pulls this off on 6 days notice it will be quite the feather. It is also frustrating that that talent was wasted for so long by not taking the sport as seriously as he does now.

I think Usman wins a unanimous decision in a fight that will have lulls as Usman looks to grapple more than he did against Covington, but will also have some very entertaining exchanges.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote