View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 02:45 AM   #246
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March 2, 3064– We have arrived and unfurled our small craft, DropShips and more. Some things launched but are a few hours behind their navy (Excalibur, Colossus, Overlords, and Mule).

A quick comparison – We have:

40 fighters on the Vengeance, 4 on the Hamilcar, 18 in leopards and another 6 from the Colossus/Excalibur that are in the main group, 18 on the WarShip.

That’s 96 fighters. They have 38 fighters. That’s a huge win.

Our WarShip is a nasty Heavy Cruiser, theirs is a much lighter Fox. It doesn’t have the armor, nor the weapons, to stand for long. That’s a win for us.

Our Assault DropShips (Avenger, Achilles, Claymore) are roughly equal to theirs (Claymorex2, Intruder). Yay!

Their Overlord A variant is a huge win for them.

We have a variety of small craft, including 200 ton fighters and 8 Battle Taxis. We bought some more, but I didn’t want to stay and buy a year’s worth of BattleTaxis to pump up this battle, so we are using the 4 we already had. That’s a win for us.

For backup, transport stuff, we have in battle our Fortress, 3 Leopard CVs. They have 4 Leopards normal, 1 Leopard CV, 3 Unions, and 2 Fortress and a Hannibal they win this aspect of the battle going away.

We have two unusual things though. Our Tug comes with a nasty set of weapons, armor and is essentially an assault craft that can Tug and repair as well. It’s a potent Star league era vessel. We also have the unusual Assault craft Hamilcar, which is designed to take opposing DropShips. It has a good amount of armor, weapons, and fighters. On board are 8 jump capable mechs that will jump out as it approaches a target to hit the vessel, while it distracts them with its weapons.

With the massive amount of support craft,, fighters, DropShips, powered infantry, mechs, and WarShips, there is no way we could fight this on MegaMek. Or on real maps. It would take a week to sim it all!

So, let me grab some dice to give this battle a bit of a feel to it. The numbers are on our side, and the positives as well.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote