View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 02:23 PM   #836
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

High School Swimming Update

It looks like Brett's chances of being a 4 year letterman in swimming are gone. His shoulder injury early followed by the appendectomy has all but killed any chance he had. It is sad really - he was able to get his breaststroke lettering time the one time he swam, but because (at that time) he was out of shape from the shoulder issue, he didn't get the second required time in the 200 free (he got it last year). Then the surgery and healing that kept him out of the water. Now he has 2 more meets to swim, the one Friday and then the county championship next week, and he's just gotten back in the water. So it isn't likely he'll get his cut time in the 200 or 500 without more practice and getting in better shape. Plus, he is supposed to attend 5 practices with the high school, and there are only 4 left.

I hate it for him. He's really had it rough for the last 9 months, and he's always in the shadow of his siblings when it comes to swimming. I know he wanted to letter all 4 years - it's a pretty small thing, but it meant something to him. Maybe the coach will make an exception for him because of the surgery, but I doubt it.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote